I am
strong because I went through infertility issues with my husband.
I am
strong because we had to decide how we were going to build our family and make
tough choices.
I am
strong because I made weekly trips 3 hours one way for tests, ultrasounds, and medications.
I am
strong because I found out I was carrying twins.
I am
strong because I dealt with morning sickness majority of my pregnancy.
I am
strong because we found out both babies had polyhydramnios.
I am strong because I went to weekly appointments.
I am strong because at 26 weeks my water broke at work.
I am strong because I spent almost 5 weeks on hospital
bed rest.
I am strong because I was put on magnesium sulfate twice.
I am strong because I was being monitored 24/7 for the
first few days and then 3-4x per day for the rest of my stay.
I am strong because I spent Christmas and New Years in
the hospital.
I am strong because I had to be away from my family and
friends.
I am strong because I couldn’t get out of my hospital bed
except to use the bathroom and shower every other day.
I am strong because I met with a neonatologist who told
me what to expect with the twins coming prematurely.
I am
strong because I went into full blown labor at 30 weeks 6 days.
I am
strong because I was dilated to a 7 once I was checked.
I am
strong because I had an epidural that took at least 2 tries.
I am
strong because I had a cesarean section.
I am
strong because I didn’t hear my babies cry.
I am
strong because I only got to see one of the twins and couldn’t see the other.
I am
strong because the twins were both taken to the NICU immediately.
I am
strong because I was a NICU mom of 2.
I am
strong because I pumped every 3 hours day and night even though they weren’t
eating yet.
I am
strong because I had to wait hours to see my twins.
I am
strong because when I first saw them one of them was intubated and they were
hooked up to multiple things.
I am
strong because I couldn’t touch or hold them for days.
I am
strong because I only left the NICU twice in the 32 days my twins were there.
I am
strong because one twin was discharged before the other.
I am
strong because even with one twin discharged, I never left the NICU.
I am
strong because after almost 5 weeks both twins came home.
I am
strong because I watched one twin choke and turn purple the first night we were
home.
I am
strong because I caught a medication error before giving them to my one twin.
I am
strong because on my due date my twins were already over 9 weeks old.
I am
strong because every other week I have the twins by myself for 19 hours each
day.
I am
strong because I quit my job to be a stay at home mom.
I am
strong because I am a preemie mom of 2.
I am
strong because I fear daily something is going to happen to my twins.
I am
strong because I have dealt with rude comments.
I am
strong because I feel guilty.
I am
strong because Karley and Bentley make me strong.
I am
strong because I can’t be weak!
Inspired by a picture and post on Facebook by another twin mom with preemies!
Edited to add:
I am strong because I pump and breastfeed even though I hate pumping and breastfeeding is painful.
I am strong because I cry.

No comments:
Post a Comment