Friday, August 1, 2014

August 1, 2014- Twin Day!

This past week was pretty tough! I spent a lot of time just thinking, holding my babies, spending time with Paul, and trying to keep myself busy!!!

Bentley and I got some snuggles in:
 
We bought Karley and Bentley some sippy cups with a soft top and handles. I loved their excitment over them and they did well. They just aren't able to tip them up.
 
 








 
Gloria hosted a Thirty-One Party on Saturday. It went really well! I was able to close out her party yesterday and she got a bunch of sales and amazing rewards because of it! After her party, we spent the night at the cabin with Paul's parents.
 
Sunday morning we headed to Dakota's 5th birthday party. It was a lot of fun! We got her a kit to make stepping stones and she has already made one! :)
 
I offered to put together the picture boards and a slideshow for my grandma's funeral. Unfortunately the slideshow program defeated me and I wasn't able to burn it to a DVD like I had planned.
 
Karley, Bentley, and I took the trip down to Gilman on Monday. When we got into town, we got stopped by a train crossing! This doesn't happen very often and was definitely a first for Karley and Bentley!
 

 
We stayed at my cousins house and had a family get together there that night. It was nice to see everyone and especially my cousin from Texas that we don't get to see often.
 
Tuesday morning Dawn offered to do my hair so I got it cut off and dyed it a red violet. It was definitely a change but I like it! It is awesome to be able to just shower and go now! That afternoon we headed to the funeral home to setup and get ready. Paul drove down for the funeral and it was good to see him. It was wonderful to see so many family and friends. Some of them I hadn't seen in a long time. I even got to see one of our old family friends that used to watch me as a child! Karley and Bentley were of course a big hit. Everything went as well as a funeral could. Mom and I stayed up that night talking and it was nice!
 
Wednesday morning we all got up and headed to the cemetery for my grandma's burial. She gets to be with grandpa now! It was tough for me as I think it was the finality of everything. I didn't stick around long as the babies were tired. I stopped in Wausau at Target to get some things and feed the babies and then headed home. It was very nice to be back home again and to see Paul. Jackie came over to visit too and we got to watch Chasing Life together. I am seriously addicted to that show!
 
Bentley and I got some snuggles in:
 
 
Yesterday I woke up to a text from my dad informing me that my Great Uncle Johnny had passed away. They say it happens in threes...that would be two! :( Johnny lived on a farm and I spent a lot of time there growing up. I especially loved to feed the calves and play with the baby kittens. He also ran a deer farm with my dad. He lived in a small neighboring town to where we had grandma's funeral. My aunt who also lives down there said that they heard the ambulance for him while they were still at the cemetery for my grandma's burial. That is just crazy to me!!!! :(
 
 
We really didn't do too much yesterday! I ran into town to deposit some checks and pick up a few things. Then we just spent time together as a family. Last night was kind of rough. Karley and Bentley were both crabby. I would get one asleep and the other would be screaming. This continued for awhile. Then they both slept but for only 30 minutes tops when they should have been down for the night. So we broke out the go to thing....a bath! After their bath they got a bottle and they both slept until this morning!
 
Today I had 2 online Thirty-One parties that went okay. The home parties definitely go better but it is nice to have the convenience and option of a catalog/online party too! I am definitely becoming more conformtable with my new job!!!
 
Karley has also decided that sleeping on her belly is the cool thing to do!
 


Karley, Bentley, and I got some snuggles in this morning. Karley wasn't sure what to think about seeing herself!
 

 
When Paul got up he suggested we go walk around the fair so we did. We checked out the animals, rides, and games and enjoyed some cheese curds. We picked up a pizza for supper and headed home. Paul thankfully got to eat but was called into work early.
 



 
Karley and Bentley were on the floor together. Karley got tired and was trying to sleep but Bentley kept bothering her. She wasn't very happy!
 
 


 
I found out that today was Twin Day! The things you find out when you have twins! So Happy Twin Day from Karley and Bentley! :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment