Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014- Marvelous Monday

Saturday we headed to my Aunt Gloria's house for an impromptu birthday party for her. It was nice to get to see her, my Aunt Gail, Uncle Neil, Roger, Mom, Brandon, and Stormi. We had a great time just spending time together and eating delicious food!!! Karley and Bentley got lots of loving and got to meet Aunt Gloria's dog....which to them we said was like a horse! :)
 
Karley and Bentley played with Auntie Gloria:
 

 Brandon held Karley for the first time:

 Uncle Neil got to feed Karley:
 Brandon held Bentley for the first time and got to feed him:
 Karley and Bentley got to meet Trapper!:




 



That afternoon we came back to the house and got ready to go to a wedding. My mom mentioned keeping the babies while we were at Auntie Gloria's but I didn't pack enough stuff for that to be the case. She then mentioned coming over to watch them. We left and nothing had really been decided. I had Karley and Bentley in their car seats ready to go and Paul informed me my mom was pulling in!!! I guess she was serious! She got to spend some quality time with Karley and Bentley and Paul and I got to spend some time without them.

At the reception I got to meet quite a few of Paul's co-workers. I really realized I don't tolerate drunk people very well and I really have grown up a lot! We didn't stay too long but didn't really want to go back home. Therefore we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and looked for a movie but didn't come up with any we thought were worth it. So we headed home and relieved my mom. She really enjoyed her time with the babies and of course they were super good for her! :)

Yesterday we woke up and had a family snuggle.

I worked on Thirty-One items and we cleaned up the house. It was a pretty low key day. I saw a picture on Facebook of Paul and I from the wedding and I was shocked. I know that my weight has gotten out of control but I look way bigger than I realized. It was truly embarrassing and motivation to get back at it. This past month was rough with the death of 3 family members but it's time to get serious and stay serious!

I tried to get a video of Karley getting up on all fours and rocking but of course she wouldn't. As soon as I stopped trying she did it! She is getting really good at scooting around though and getting herself underneath the couch!




Today I got up and headed to Wabeno for the subbing orientation. They didn't tell anyone I was coming back to sub so there were lots of shocked but excited teachers! It was great to see them and be welcomed with open arms! I am very excited to sub! I met the 4K teacher that replaced me and helped her with some things. I truly look forward to continuing my journey there as a substitute teacher. I was proud of myself for declining a cookie! I am going to be a better me one step at a time!

I fed the babies before they left and put them back down before I left this morning. I called Paul when I was leaving Wabeno and found out that he was still in bed!!!! I asked him if he got up with the babies at all and he said he got Karley and brought her in bed to cuddle but that was it! They are always super good for him!

When I came home, Paul and I did our ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. It was cold at first but then it actually kind of felt nice. We accepted the challenge and donated. Here are our videos:

Paul: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=338523179629646&l=3336105722613257804

Me: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=338525156296115&l=3228660631037184785

This afternoon I broke out my bike, had Paul pump up the tires, and went for a 40 minute bike ride for the first time in over a year! It felt and I enjoyed it.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment