Friday, August 22, 2014

August 22, 2014- Weddings, Vacations, and Fun!

I can't believe it's been 10 days since I posted a blog. I am slacking...or I am just a busy mom of twins! I think I like the second idea better!!! ;)

I found Karley like this one morning....foot out and arm out of her jammies!

 
We met the triplets for a play date at the park and got to swing in the swing for the first time. They loved it!




 
Last Friday we took a 3ish hour long trip to watch my best college friend Rachel get married!!! She was an absolutely beautiful bride!







Bentley enjoyed playing during the ceremony


It felt nice to get all dressed up as a family!



Bentley got tuckered out!

 
Karley rolled off the blanket and Paul went and rolled her back and was playing with her. It was the closest she has ever been to giggling and it was adorable!!!
 
I went downstairs on Saturday morning to print off a few things. When I came back, Bentley had his pants in his hands! I still don't know how he got them off!!!
 

I am still making hats on the loom every so often. I still have my goal of donating 100 of them in honor a little one who lost his battle.
Karley thought the yarn would suffice as a blankie!


On Sunday night the babies were SUPER crabby and of course at the same time. I decided to go to our "go to" solution...baths. And of course it worked!



Karley was super tired after her bath and fell asleep in the jumperoo...sucking her thumb of course!


On Monday we had an appointment for Bentley with a urologist specialist. He looked at Bentley's hernias and circumcision. He said he isn't worried about the hernias as they don't look bad at all if even existent but that he definitely need a circumcision revision. We will be going for surgery in early November. :(

After the doctor's appointment we headed to the cabin for a couple days of vacation.

Karley and Bentley both definitely know what a bottle means. I gave Karley a bottle but she couldn't figure out how to drink it while on her belly. She was NOT a happy camper about this!




Paul and Bentley got in some pre-sleep together!


 On Tuesday Karley and Bentley got to ride on the go-carts for the first time. They even tried to "drive" it!




I love that Karley has some long hairs mixed in and when she was riding the go-cart her hair was flying around. It was cute!

It is very complicated to take a family selfie and get everyone in the picture!


Karley sat out by the campfire with us and was mesmerized by it.


On Wednesday Karley got to test out the swing at the cabin for the first time...I think she approves!

Bentley and I hung out outside by the campfire.



On Thursday morning we headed home. When we got home. there was a slew of packages waiting for us!!!!! It was seriously like Christmas!


We all took showers and got cleaned up and headed to the NICU Grad Party. It wasn't what Paul and I were expecting. They invite all the previous NICU grads to come. They had games to play but they were all for older children. We did enjoy some yummy snacks. The triplets were also there so it was fun to get to hang out with them again. Afterwards we did some bumming around and then headed home.

On the way home we decided to stop at Dunkin Donuts which is new to our town. Paul had never been to one and it was only my third time. We got a drink and some donuts. But their computers were all screwed up. She tried multiple times and couldn't get us wrung up. She gave us an extra donut for the hassle and kept trying but had no success. She told us it was on the house and gave us coupons! We were shocked!!! But we definitely enjoyed it!


Karley is getting up on all fours and rocking. She will be crawling VERY soon.

Unfortunately on Thursday morning we received an early morning phone call from my mom with some bad news. My uncle had hung himself and my aunt found him. This is 3 deaths for my family in about a month. They say deaths happen in threes so I am hoping this is it for us for awhile!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment