Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 17, 2013

Knowing that I could be told very soon that I can't be at work anymore, I put it into high gear to find myself a maternity leave sub. The first person I asked agreed but is going to be my sub Wednesdays-Fridays. (To give a little background information.... I have one group of students that comes Mondays and Tuesdays all day and one group that comes Thursdays and Fridays all day.) Therefore, I was still on the lookout to find someone for Mondays and Tuesdays.

Wednesday I got to spend my planning and prep day with the person who will be my Wednesdays-Fridays sub and it was a wonderful day. We really got to go over things very thoroughly, show her around the room, etc. It was a very nice day and sure put me more at ease! That night on the way home I called the person who I contacted to be my sub on Mondays and Tuesdays and she agreed!!!! I think I let out the breath I had been holding! I am very glad to have my subs in place when the time comes.

Thursday and Friday I was shadowed by the person who will be my sub on those days. It was really nice for both of us to have that time together and to allow her to see my routines and expectations in action. The children also really seem to like her already. It really is all falling into place!!!

Friday night I decided I was going to come home and relax! I rented a movie and spent most of the night on the couch.

Saturday I worked on getting some more lesson plans done for school and watched some TV. My mom called and invited me to lunch so I went and met with her. Afterwards, I went to Kohl's and bought a few sets of just plain long sleeved onsies for the babies. Then I went to Wal-Mart and got laundry detergent (I caved and did buy Deft!), children's hangers, and a box of diapers. I came home and started pulling the tags off of the clothes we already got so I could wash them. There sure do hook all those clothes together and to the hangers!! It was quite a process to get them all ready to be washed! I did my first load of baby clothes last night! :)

Today I am finishing up washing and taking care of the babies clothes and am cleaning up all the floors in the house. I honestly don't know the last time they were swept, mopped, and vacuumed but I am getting sick of the dog hair on everything!!! I think Kayce will be getting a nice brushing and bath today as well! (I think it's official... I'm starting to nest!) Then I have to tackle some more school things.

I am 24 weeks today and it is our viability day! This means, the twins have reached a developmental point in which they may survive outside the womb. Granted, I don't want them coming anytime soon at all but it was a journey to get pregnant and we have had some minor issues lately. Knowing we have made it thus far, will help me to relax a little bit! :)

Tomorrow brings a day of appointments. First I have my gestational diabetes test in the morning. Then we meet with the perinatalogist to check on my cervical length, how much the babies have grown in a week, and how their fluid levels are doing since they have been high. Then we meet with our OBGYN. We are also hoping to get a tour in of the birth center since we haven't done that yet. It will be a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment