This weekend has been one of complete and utter relaxation! I haven't left the couch much at all and Lifetime Christmas movies may be my entertainment! It is just really nice to be home without an agenda. I can lay, sit, take a bath, sleep, etc. whenever I want to!
Yesterday we hit the 25 week mark which is awesome! I was on the phone with my mom and told her we have a maximum of 15 weeks left. Then I did the math to find out it's truly only 13 weeks because they usually don't let twin pregnancies go much over 38 weeks! That is just incredible! Those 13 weeks are going to fly by!
After barely failing the 1 hour gestational diabetes test, I took the 3 hour test today. This required me to fast for at least 12 hours before my appointment. I arrived for my appointment at 8 and it was obvious by the talk I heard that things were a little disorganized. Because they didn't chill the drink, I wasn't able to drink it until just before 9. That was a little frustrating! But overall the care the lab ladies gave me was awesome! They kept checking on me. Around 1 1/2 hours into the test I did feel sick. I got light headed, hot, and tired. They took me back into the lab (instead of the waiting room) to keep a better eye on me and so that I wouldn't get sick in front of others! They gave me an ice pack and one of them even borrowed me their iPad to watch Netflix on! I was highly impressed. After about 30-45 minutes I did start to feel better again. When I felt sick, they informed me that I had passed the 1 hour blood draw which was great news. Hearing that made me overall hopeful that I would pass the whole test. Once the 3 hours was up, I went and got something to eat right away! Then I came home to relax and rest.
A nurse from my doctor's office called and informed that the labs from the 3 hour test came back normal. Therefore, I don't have gestational diabetes! I am very glad to hear this. But I think the doctor's were kind of banking on me having it. This would help explain why our babies are very large and both have extra fluids! I guess we will find out more about what this all means at our next appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment