Kayce has been acting kind of strange. Most of the time the babies' room is open so she will go in there check out the cribs and the items we got at our first baby shower. I sat in there Saturday taking tags and things off of clothes and she was in there with me being curious. She did steal a sock at one point! :P But right after I let her outside, she came in and peed on the floor!!! She hasn't had an accident in a long time. I thought she was rebelling because she knows changes are occurring. Well it happened again yesterday evening. Then after sleeping for about an hour, I got up to use the bathroom and came back to find out in that short time she peed on the bed!!!! Of course Paul and I were both upset. She didn't get a bath yesterday but Paul did brush her pretty good. While brushing her, he found a red sore spot that was kind of swollen on her back. We aren't sure if it helps explain the accidents but there is definitely something going on! Today has been accident free though! :)
Yesterday Paul got to feel our little boy movin' and groovin' for the first time. It was very neat and I am glad he was able to experience it!!!
This morning on the way down to our appointment, I got to drink the wonderful sugary glucose drink. I then had my lab work done. After that we met with the perinatologist and got to see the babies again!!!! Our little boy is up in my ribs which I already knew! He was cooperative once again. Our little girl has quite a bit of hair that we could see! It was pretty neat. She is our shy one and doesn't cooperate as well. Anytime they try to see her face or get a picture of her, she hides behind her hands/arms. This happens every week! I asked how big they were this week and the perinatologist told us he couldn't tell as after only a week... it takes two weeks. Paul and I got a good laugh out of that since we have been told how big there were in a week before! Their fluid levels are still high but the concern has seemed to come down with the doctor's. My cervix measured about the same and is still in the okay range. Therefore, everything looked and went pretty well!
Then we got to tour the birthing center and the NICU. The birthing center was pretty much what I had expected it to be. Paul is excited that every room has a small pull out couch so he will have something somewhat decent to sleep on. They also took us up to the NICU knowing we might need it. I am highly impressed!!! It is full of wonderful technology including a noise monitor. Premies are very sensitive to sound and if you are too loud it turns yellow and if you are way too loud it turns red. I also asked if both babies would be in the same room and they said they do have rooms setup for multiples or they will put them in a room with a joining door. They also recently installed some technology that if our children are in the NICU and we leave to go back home or whatever, we can see them whenever we want to using our phones! No offense to the NICU and their workers, but I am hoping we don't need to utilize it! :)
We then went back to see our OBGYN. I was informed that I didn't pass the gestational diabetes test but my levels weren't super high. They told me they were just slightly elevated. I now go back on Monday for the 3 hour test and am not looking forward to it but I know it needs to be done. The OBGYN asked what my plans for work were and I informed him that was something I was going to talk to him about. We decided since things look relatively well, that I can keep working. But he did put down some restrictions including an added break besides lunch and that I can only work 8 hours. We will see how that goes!
I told Paul 2 weeks ago when we were told the babies were quite large and they had too much fluid and how concerned they were, I kind of felt down and like I wasn't "doing a good job" carrying the twins. Of course this wasn't the case but it was hard not to think that way. But today everyone seemed more at ease with how things looked and were going and I really left feeling more confident and reassured. I am hoping things continue to go well from here on out!
Paul and I got some lunch after our appointments. One of the staff members asked if I was 8 or 9 months pregnant and I just had to chuckle to myself.... only 5 1/2 months!!! But today when they measured my fundal height, I was measuring 38 weeks (that's 14 weeks ahead!)! No wonder why people are starting to ask when I am due!
Here is my 24 week 1 day bump picture:
Our little boy:
Our little girl:




No comments:
Post a Comment