Friday I had a moment of not thinking.... I took a large tote full of sand off the cupboard from above my head and tried to carry it to my sensory table in my classroom. I felt a nice tug/pop in a muscle in my stomach! I definitely overdid and have paid the price!
This weekend was spent at the cabin with all of my in-laws and their children. It was fun to get to see them all, spend time together, play outside with the kids, and even take a family picture!
I came home early on Sunday to get laundry done, school work done, and just to relax!
Today we had a doctor's appointment with the perinatologist and our OBGYN. Well....each of the twins have each gained about a pound in 5 weeks. They now weigh 1 pound 5 ounces and 1 pound 6 ounces. This puts them still in/above the 90th percentile! But with that came a little concern. They have too much fluid right now. This means their placentas are working overtime. There is a concern of a placenta rupture and also pre-term labor. Due to this, I will now be going every week to see the perinatologist and every 2 weeks to see the OBGYN for at least this month. They will monitor my cervix, the babies, and the fluid. They also mentioned me possibly having gestational diabetes due to the babies being large and this sometimes causes the extra fluid. But it is a little early to test. They said after a few weeks of these weekly checks, if nothing has changed for the better or things get worse, they will test me for it early. But otherwise everything looked good! The babies are moving and grooving away in there! Our little boy is high up in my ribs and our little girl has dropped down and is quite low. My OBGYN pulled out the tape measure again and he shook his head and said "nevermind" and didn't even tell me how far ahead I am measuring! Last time it was 8 weeks ahead so I am guessing at least that if not more since he wouldn't tell me!
I was starting to feel movements from the outside for the first time this weekend. It happened again today at the doctor's office and I tried to get Paul to feel it. Although I felt it twice with his hand there, he wasn't able to. I am hoping soon he will get to enjoy the amazing kicks/hits! :)
Here is my bump picture at 22 weeks 1 day:
Here are some ultrasound pictures from today:




Hi I found your blog and wanted to say congratulations on your twins! I have twin girls
ReplyDeletethat turned 1 at the end of September. It's such a fun experience! When are your little ones due? Feel free to email me at ascott1125@gmail.com if you have any questions.
I always enjoy finding other twin moms. Good luck :)
Amanda
Hello!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much! That is awesome that you have twin girls! I can only imagine how fun it is! Our due date is technically March 9th. Thank you for reaching out and providing me with your email! :)