Sunday, February 2, 2014

February 2, 2014

Karley sure makes her car seat look huge or her car seat makes her look small.... or both! :) Here she is in her car seat:

Oh and she already plays peek a boo too!:


She is also one of the cutest things I have seen at 1:30 in the morning!:

Last night was better than the night before. Karley is getting to know me and I am getting to know her! I got a few solid hours of sleep which was fantastic! :)

We came and saw Bentley in the morning! I think Karley and Bentley missed each other!!!


Bentley now weighs 2210 grams which is 4 lbs 14 oz. He passed his car seat test with flying colors! He did better after they raised his crib. Our nurse really thinks he is dealing with acid reflux. She said when he is upright he does way better which is one indication. He has many others including but not limited to arching his back, coughing, spitting up, and having bradys while eating. She also said that he might bit a little bit anemic. She is thinking this as his baseline heart rate has been high which is an indication. Being anemic is also a sign of acid reflux. He has labs done tomorrow so that will be able to tell us if her thinking is correct! The acid reflux may also need to be treated with some zantac. It is something we will talk about during rounds tomorrow. It is nice to know that the alarms he is having may be because of something as simple as acid reflux. They also said it may make eating a challenge because he is uncomfortable. But he is doing really well his feedings. He completed 5 in a row and needed 1 nged and then completed the last 2. I am very proud of him! It was great to come back to the NICU and have such a good report.

I went to Target this afternoon to get a Moby wrap. I had wanted one but heard they don't breath very well so I wasn't really pushing to get one. But now having Karley and needing to take her everywhere with me, I wanted to have something to wear her in. Everything else I have seen said 8 lbs and up. The Moby says this too but I had also heard it was good for preemies and decided to give it a try. It looked complicated but it is pretty simple to use. And I LOVE it! It was great to wear Karley in and I really think she liked being so close to me too! :)

Grandpa Dave got to hold both Karley and Bentley at the same time:

Bentley had his hearing test this afternoon. They came in and did it right before his care time so he was hungry. He passed on one side but not the other BUT they are thinking it wasn't an actual "fail." He was moving around a lot due to being hungry and that could have caused it. He has 3 tries before he goes home so they will do it again and not right before a care time. Here he is doing his hearing test:

My in-laws left this afternoon and Paul came! It sure is great to see him again!

1 comment:

  1. Those two are just adorable. Hope Bentley gets his freedom soon like Karley. Nice to see you get to use the "Sherpa blankets" now. She looks so cute wrapped up in hers. Precious "peek a boo" pic too. Also the pics of them together after her being out is so darn adorable. Cuddly twins !

    Love - A. Gloria

    ReplyDelete