Last night the in-laws and I took Karley with us to the hotel. She got her first experience of being outside and in the car!
I think she was hungry...
She slept in a travel bassinet on the floor....well kinda! She was fussier than normal but there was sooo much new for her! She wanted her nuk but would spit out and then she would want it. She also wanted to be held too! She continued to take all of her feedings very nicely!
Bentley started his feedings last night but didn't complete them. He did about half or a little more. I am not fully surprised by this as he did well yesterday. He now weighs 2183 grams which is 4 lbs 13 oz.
We came this morning to the NICU to spend time with Bentley. He did well this morning!
Karley's monitor is still on but it says the leads are disconnected and in the red/orange writing that you can't read it says discharged! :)
Karley slept quite well back in her crib in the NICU!
Karley HATES her vitamins. We have tried mixing it in her full bottle and she puked it up. We tried mixing it with a little breastmilk and she wouldn't take it. We tried squirting it into her mouth and she choked, gagged, and spit it back up. I truly don't look forward to giving her the vitamins at all!
We ran to Wal-Mart to get more preemie diapers and picked up Toppers pizza for lunch. Grandpa Dave got to babysit while we went. We did take Karley with us out to the family room while we ate.
I put both of them to breast this afternoon but it was a dud for both. They would both latch and just hang out!
Karley spit up and choked a little on it this afternoon causing her to briefly stop breathing. She never changed color or anything and came out of it fast and on her own. Before that happened I had mentioned getting a breathing monitor of some sort. I know I am VERY paranoid but it's so hard not to be. After that episode, Grandma Peggy might be more on board with the monitor idea.
They both got baths this afternoon. I wash up their bodies and then wrap them up and do their hair. When I was finished with Karley I realized her towel and myself were wet. She peed on me!!! Bentley peed too....in his bath though! :) They both did very well. Bentley was given a new outfit and an adorable new hat.
All fresh and clean:
Bentley has only finished one bottle today. The rest he started but didn't finish. During one this afternoon he had a brady and then desated. After that he continued to desat pretty often for quite some time. They put him back in his crib with it elevated and it seemed to help. I think we have officially had our "step backwards" that we were warned about. It isn't anything major by any means but I was hoping he would continue to take feedings and these near constant alarms aren't any fun at all to listen too! I have decided after Karley's choking episode and listening to Bentley's monitors continuing to alarm that I think the breathing monitors are needed.
I have heard and know little bits and pieces about the angel care monitor and the snuza. Does anyone know much about these or any others that are available? Have you used any? Pros and cons? Would you recommend it???
Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Dave brought the books they got as our pregnancy reveal to read to the children as that is what the message in the book told them to do. Grandma read hers first and added her own very creative and true features to go with it. She also talked to them and encouraged them and it brought tears to my eyes! It was a very special moment to witness!!!!
Bentley was placed back in his crib and they elevated it slightly. He is doing MUCH better like that! They have mentioned acid reflux but aren't sure if that is what is going on but will keep an eye on it. He even completed his feeding tonight and it had 4 extra mls in it!!! I am glad to be leaving him on the good note!!!
It's hard to believe that they are already 4 weeks old!!! GA: 34 weeks 6 days





No comments:
Post a Comment