I forgot to add my pictures from yesterday to the blog. I came back and found Karley had sneaked her arms out of her swaddler and Bentley was just snoozing away:
At the 10:30 P.M. cares both Karley and Bentley took and completed their bottles. They both actually took a little more than their minimum 40 mls!
At the 1:30 A.M. cares I sort of got up! :P They both once again took and completed their bottles! That is back to back for Bentley!!!!!
At the 4:30 A.M. cares Karley took and completed her bottle. Bentley took his but tuckered out halfway through.
At the 7:30 A.M. cares they once again both took and completed their bottles and they were again more than their minimum of 40 mls!
Karley now weighs 2105 grams which is 4 lbs 10.3 oz. She will be discharged today after her hearing test and car seat test! Bentley now weighs 2157 grams which 4 lbs 12.1 oz. He is officially a pound over his birth weight!!! He continues to strive and I keep being told it will only probably be a few days before he is discharged too!!!!! They both have eye doctor appointments scheduled on Tuesday, February 4th. Karley's will now need to be scheduled as an out patient and they are thinking Bentley's may need to be too! I honestly can't even put into words how excited I am to soon be HOME as a family!!!!!
I had talked to our case manager about the nurse I wasn't so keen on and it was then passed on to the nursing supervisor. I spoke with her a few days ago and again today. They did meet with her, expressed my concerns, and left it at that. It really puts all of us in an awkward place and I realize that but at the same time I am the advocate for my children!!! We also talked about me staying with Karley once she is discharged and the nurses and a therapist were actually the ones who made me aware that it was possible to do that! The nursing supervisor said it really hasn't been done before (although they made it sound like to me it had!) and checked into it. She came to me with some of her concerns today which including when I use the bathroom, shower, and need to eat. It was nice to give her our game plan about those issues as well since we already had worked them out! :)
At the 10:30 A.M. cares I breastfed both of them. Bentley was totally out and had no interest. He got his feeding in his ng. Karley took 2 mls from me and then finished her bottle.
They did Karley's hearing test and she passed! Here she is with her big headphones on:
At the 1:30 P.M. cares Karley and Bentley both took their complete feedings. Paul got to feed Bentley!
Karley did her car seat test that was an hour and a half minimum! She sure looked little in her car seat. Here she is being put to the challenge!!!
At the 4:30 P.M. cares they both again took all of their bottles!! It was also the last time that Karley got cares from a nurse!
At the 7:30 P.M. cares I got to do Karley all on my own and she was a champ! :) Bentley also did awesome and took his whole bottle once again. I am very excited as he is doing amazing and will be able to be home with us in no time!
After 27 days in the NICU Karley has officially been discharged at the GA of 34 weeks 5 days!!!!! (The admit babies that age to the NICU and they are sending mine home!)




No comments:
Post a Comment