I found out this morning at cares that sometime last night Karley lost what was left of her umbilical cord and just has a cute little belly button now! I have a feeling Bentley's will be doing the same very soon!
The only change with our children is that they are now receiving a multi-vitamin. They give this to every preemie that is on breast milk. They have both had little to no residuals left during their feedings and are doing awesome!
I unfortunately made someone $23 richer today! I went to the bathroom and down to the cafeteria for lunch. I had picked out a few items and realized I no longer had my money!!! I searched the cafeteria high and low and didn't come up with it. I back tracked my steps twice and still had no luck. I am thinking it is gone for good. I am hoping someone who needed it found it!
This afternoon Karley had another explosive poop but it wasn't with me this time it was with her nurse! This determined that their bath times would take place at that time! :) Karley seemed to enjoy it a lot more and Bentley enjoyed it as long as he was in the water but when I took him out to wash his legs and feet he wasn't very happy! A different nurse came back in to help me hook them back up to the monitors and was once again highly impressed. She told our children they have an awesome mommy! She also noticed that every time I talked, Bentley would look at me. It was adorable!!!
Here is Karley after her bath with her belly button:
Bentley all fresh and clean:
Their baths tuckered them right out!
Karley snoozing away:
I took a close up too and caught her smiling!!!:
Bentley snoozing away:
I did kangaroo care with them this afternoon which is always wonderful! They just help me to be more at ease and relaxed! I know it is a benefit for them but I think we also benefit too! It is definitely a win win situation!
Paul will be coming and the nurse just asked me to have him bring a small cooler so he can take breast milk back home with him. They informed me I have 4 full buckets of milk in their freezer! I am very glad that I will already have a stash at home! This will be a huge help! I was just bragging to Paul that I have been filling about 2 1/2 bottles almost every pumping. But this last time I barely filled 1! I guess that is what I get for bragging!!! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment