At the 10:30 P.M. cares I didn't say anything and Karley and Bentley both got bottles. Karley took the whole thing and this was now 5 times in a row for her. Bentley took all but a very little amount of his and we called it a full bottle! It was 3 times in a row nippling for him! I think our babies want to be home just as bad as we want them to be! ;)
At the 1:30 A.M. cares I may have slept!!! From my understanding Karley took another full bottle!! I am unsure if Bentley was given a bottle or not.
At the 4:30 A.M. cares Karley and Bentley were both fed through their ngs and given a break!
At the 7:30 A.M. cares they both got a bottle again and they both finished it! I was pumping so our nurse fed them both. They did awesome! She even said they pace themselves very well and that was not the case just a short time ago. She said they are quick learners!
Karley now weighs 2031 grams which is 4 lbs 7.6 oz. She didn't gain a lot but that is somewhat expected when they start nippling more as it is hard work for them and burns calories. Karley completed 6 out of 8 of her feedings on her own! Bentley now weighs 2086 grams which is 4 lbs 9.6 oz. The only changes are upping their vitamin intake from .5 mls to 1 ml due to their weight gains. They are going to wean Bentley off of his caffeine and see how he does. They will both be getting their Hepatitis B vaccine and their dose of Synagis in the near future.
The seemed shocked at rounds at how well Karley is doing and that Bentley is following right behind. They asked me if I was ready and told me now is the time to be nervous! Paul and I are sooooo ready!!!! I am a little nervous but way more excited and ready to be home as a family! I know there will be some trial and error but that is completely expected and we will get through it! ;)
At the 10:30 A.M. cares I gave them both baths. They did great! Speech came in and gave them both their bottles. Karley finished hers and Bentley was relaxing from his bath and took part of his. She commented too that they do well with pacing themselves now!
Karley snoozing after her bath:
Bentley snoozing after his bath:
I asked our nurse some questions since it sounds like Karley will be discharged quite soon. I asked what her expectations/goals are before her and Bentley are both released. She said since they are regulating their temperatures and gaining weight, it is just to get in all 8 feedings themselves. She said Karley could be out of here by 35 weeks which is Sunday....CRAZY!!!! She estimated Bentley would follow a few days later. We know we can just keep Karley right here with Bentley and she would just be a visitor like us. We are then completely responsible for her and everything we need! Therefore I have texted Paul and sent him on a scavenger hunt in our kids room to gather up things like clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, etc! :)
At the 1:30 P.M. cares I decided to let both of them go to breast. Karley would latch, suck a few times, and then just stay right there content as could be! There wasn't much going on! Bentley did the same but sucked more than Karley did. Once again the scale is my enemy and said they both got nothing! :( It is getting a little frustrating and I am becoming to like bottles more than I ever thought I would. I just love knowing how much is in there to start with and how much they got. But it was always my goal to breastfeed. I know things take time and they are still VERY young yet. I will try to be patient but the best part of everything is that either way they are still getting my milk! :)
At the 4:30 P.M. cares Karley took her whole bottle and Bentley tried. I did kangaroo care with them afterwards.
Mommy, Bentley, and Karley:
This is how Bentley was sleeping:
This is how Karley was sleeping:
At the 7:30 P.M. cares Karley and Bentley both took their full bottles!!! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment