Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 11, 2014

It is crazy to think that Karley and Bentley are already a week old!!! (Adjusted age of 31 weeks 6 days)

Karley's bilirubin levels went up by .2 but it was enough to get her the big light above her again. Therefore, she got to wear her little goggles. She is unable to be swaddled when the big light is above her so it can get to her skin but this causes her to flail a lot more as she likes to be swaddled. Bentley's bilirubin levels also went up but his levels are overall lower than Karley's and he didn't go up enough to need a big light. They both still are on the bilirubin  blankets. Both of them also got upped to 25 mls of breast milk per feeding which is great!!! When it is time for their feedings, they are both starting to "act hungry" which is awesome! Some of the nurses give them a few drops of breast milk into their mouth or on their pacifier so they can taste it and get used to it. Overall, they both continue to be troopers and are doing very well!

Paul was smart and showered last night before bed. I waited to shower until this morning and found out the shower is a hot commodity on a Saturday morning!!! I tried to shower at 7:30 A.M. and didn't end up being able to until after 10 A.M.!  But it is very nice to have access to a shower right down the hall from our room!

Paul's parents came this morning and got to meet their grandchildren for the first time. We all really enjoyed their visit! They couldn't get over just how perfect they were!!!

My dad and his girlfriend also came to see them for the first time. I can honestly say I am not sure when the last time I saw my dad cry was but he has over Karley and Bentley. They are his first grandchildren and he is one proud grandpa!

We all got Wausau Mine Company for lunch which was delicious!!!! :)

When we came back in this is how we found our sunbather Karley:



And our chill dude Bentley:

The lactation consultant came in and talked to me today which was nice. I felt kind of lost! After my c-section they told me to pump every 3 hours for 15 minutes. I was unsure if I should keep up that routine or what I needed to do. She said every 3 hours is fine but to up it to 20 minutes (which I had just started doing on my own). She also said sometimes it can't be 3 hours because of an appointment or whatever and to just make sure I get in at least 8 pumpings in a day and this may mean I have to do a couple every 2 hours. I informed her I was getting about 70-105 mls per pumping and she was very pleased with that and said I was on track. This was really good to hear because I was just unsure!!!

Paul and I got to kangaroo care this evening. I held Karley who absolutely loved being wrapped up after she was unable to be swaddled all day. She was completely content the whole time. Paul held Bentley and they were both quite content....

Paul and Bentley sleeping together:

Kangaroo care:




3 comments:

  1. Looks like Karley was telling you a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at her with her tiny finger on her lips. Perfect picture. How are you feeling, recovering well? I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing how wonderful your children are doing. Thank you for taking the time to update us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be biased but they both are picture perfect!!! :) I am doing very well!! I get sore a very little bit only now. I am glad that you enjoy the blog and pictures! You are welcome! It is nice to have a place to share our journey with family and friends and it will be great to look back on and share with the children when they are older! :)

      Delete