Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 8, 2014

Paul and I were like little kids last night and had a hard time falling asleep! After 37 days of being in the hospital, I am ready to have some freedom back! It will also be nice to be by the children anytime we want to and as long as we want to!

We got up this morning, got ready, and packed up some things.

My OBGYN came in and commented on how much hair Karley has! He said she is also quite squirmy. He then admitted that he and the perinatologist were both shocked we made it as far as we did. He said he was quite scared when we came in at 26 weeks ruptured and didn't expect us to make it much farther. But we continued to press on. He said he also can't believe that there was no infection being ruptured for that long and that the children also don't have any infections or side effects. It is interesting to hear the truth now knowing we were successful in keeping them in for almost 5 weeks after the pprom and water break. Yet again....we aren't normal! ;)

We made it for rounds again. They are both doing great. They are going to increase their feedings of breast milk yet again. Both of their bilirubin levels have dropped so they are both only on the blankets now. They had their head ultrasounds done and they both came back normal which is HUGE!!! Typically preemies have a brain bleed because they have all the pressure inside the amniotic sack and womb that it's a shock to them to leave that. But that is why I was on the magnesium sulfate and it did it's job thankfully! The neonatologist said we are on cruise control! :)

Karley with her bright lights: (they came off right after this picture since her bilirubin levels dropped)


Bentley the glow worm:

We were told they both got a bath and had their footprints done!

Both Karley and Bentley had the hiccups while we were in the room this morning. It looks like it hurts their little bodies! They are also quite squeaky hiccups!

Karley all sprawled out:


We got to do kangaroo care again for about 2 1/2 hours. I think both Paul and I could sit and do it all day long!!!

Daddy and Bentley:
 
 
 

Mommy and Karley:


Paul and I left last night to head home for the night to do laundry and other needed things. It was the first time in 37 days I was outside, rode in a car, was at my house, slept in our bed, etc. It truly was weird!!!

Leaving our children was by the far the hardest thing I have ever done!!! We didn't even make it out of the room and I was crying. Needless to say this lasted on and off for the whole hour and 15 minute drive home! I knew they were in good hands and would be fine but it just sucked!!!!




2 comments:

  1. You are one strong woman! We only lived 20 min away from the hospital and I couldn't stand it when we left. It is a very hard thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! Some days I sure don't feel like it but I am trying which I know is normal! Don't worry.... they won't be much leaving for me! :)

      Delete