Last night I went to bed around 9:30 P.M. and had an alarm set for 10:30 P.M. to get in my last pump of the day. I woke up to the alarm, cancelled it, and kept on sleeping! It was the only day I didn't get in my 8 pumpings which is my goal. Oh well!
Today at rounds we found out that Karley weighs 1755 grams (3 lbs 13.9 oz) and Bentley 1837 grams (4 lbs 0.8 oz). Karley is keeping up close with her brother! They asked how they were doing with the suck, swallow, breath reflex and the nurse said we haven't given them anything to swallow. We all agreed to start trying and working on some feedings! I am super excited about this!!!
I took a quick shower and then met with the lactation consultant and our case manager just to touch base, see how things were going, and plan for the future.
At the 10:30 A.M. cares they got their first bottles of breast milk! They put 10 mls into the bottles. The nurse started with both our children first just to see how they did. They both did great!!!! I got to feed them the rest of their bottles. I am very impressed and can't wait to continue on with more feedings this way! By the end they were both tuckered out though! It is a lot of work for them to do the suck, swallow, breath reflex and actually have to work to get their feedings!
Karley and her first bottle:
Bentley and his first bottle:
Grandma Grace and Auntie Stormi came to visit. We went and got lunch in the cafeteria. Then Grandma Grace got to hold both Karley and Bentley for the first time!!! She was quite excited!
Grandma Grace and Karley:
Grandma Grace and Bentley:
\
Paul came this afternoon. He said our children look bigger and are more active. It is neat to hear his observations as I am here all the time and miss some of the little things he notices! We are all very excited he is back!!!
Paul and I did kangaroo care this afternoon with each of the children.
This evening Paul and I went to Wal-Mart to get some more groceries and things we needed. I lasted much longer than I did last time. We are pretty well set for food for awhile now....at least we think we should be! ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment