At the 10:30 P.M. cares we gave Karley and Bentley bottles again. Karley took it all like a champ and is on quite the roll now! Bentley also finished his whole bottle! I fed Karley and a nurse fed Bentley. They always do better for the nurse and I keep trying to tell them we can't take a nurse home with us so they need to finish it all for Paul and I too! ;)
I found each of them sleeping like this with their little hands hanging on to their feeding tubes!!!
Karley:
Bentley:
I didn't get to bed until just after midnight due to helping with cares and pumping. I had an alarm set for the 1:30 A.M. cares but I did sleep through that one. I did get up and pump at the 4:30 A.M. cares and 7:30 A.M. cares. I know I slept through one but that's an improvement since I was sleeping through all of them!!!
Karley now weighs 2027 grams which is 4 lbs 7.5 oz. She is a pound more than her birth weight now!!!! Bentley now weighs 2072 grams which is 4 lbs 9.1 oz. They are going to move towards more cue based feedings for Karley! Therefore, at care times if she looks awake and wanting to eat, they will give her a bottle! Other than that, everything stayed the same and we are rocking and rolling! :)
At the 10:30 A.M. cares they both got bottles. Karley took all of hers and Bentley took about half of his.
At the 1:30 P.M. cares Karley got to take a bottle and again took the whole thing!
Paul came right after their cares so we each did kangaroo care with them.
Bentley and Mommy:
When I got Bentley he was determined to try to eat! He wiggled his weigh down and started trying to suck through my shirt!!!!
Karley and Daddy:
Paul and I went and ate and then came back in and snuggled with the kiddos!
Bentley and Daddy:
Karley and Mommy:
At the 4:30 P.M. cares they got to breast feed. We again did a weighted feed were they were weighed first and then after. They both did very well!!! Bentley still has trouble remembering to put his tongue down but his sucking and stamina have definitely gotten better. According to the dreaded scale, they both took 2 mls from me! I guess at least it wasn't 0 like last time!
Paul went home after the cares so he could head back to work. He informed me that the flying squirrels like marshmallows....he caught one with a marshmallow!
At the 7:30 P.M. cares our nurse was heating up the milk in a syringe. I asked about Karley getting a bottle and pushed to let her have one. She was given one and took the whole thing. She has now nippled 4 times in a row and taken her whole feeding (except for at breast.) Next thing I knew our nurse was heating up a bottle for Bentley too which I wasn't expecting nor anticipating. This was back to back nippling for Bentley which has never happened. He was also quite tired to begin with. He did take about half of it though!
Sometimes all I need is some snuggles with our children! <3 <3







No comments:
Post a Comment