Saturday, September 14, 2013

July 31, 2013

We had the babies 8 ½ week ultrasound today. As soon as I saw them on the screen I could totally tell they have gotten bigger. I was very shocked that we could already make out their head, body, arms, and legs! It was very cool! Baby A is measuring 8 weeks 5 days which is 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 182. Baby B is measuring 8 weeks 4 days which is 1 day ahead with a heartbeat of 180. Baby B wouldn’t show itself as much as Baby A would. Everyone is very pleased with your progress and it was great to get to see you two again! The infertility clinic has officially let us go from their program and we will find an OBGYN by us to continue our care. It is kind of bittersweet. They gave us a pair of knitted booties and a knitted hat that some elderly women make for the babies as our parting gift. Paul and I both came home and took a nap. After my nap I went to the bathroom and had quite a bit of blood. I was freaked out! I called the doctor and they called me back. They informed me that it may be from just the ultrasound. They said the cervix is really sensitive and sometimes if the doctor hits a spot you can occur some bleeding. She said it was also good that it was a one-time episode and has seemed to stop and that I am not cramping at all. She put me on pelvic rest for the night and told me to keep them updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment