Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 19, 2013

It's been a day....

The past 3 nights I have been woken up by pain. It was very low and in the middle. Once I would get up in the morning, it would go away. Therefore, I thought nothing of it.

But today it didn't go away. And the pain actually moved to my lower right abdomen. This is where I thought a twin was sitting. I went to school and it never got better. It actually got worse! I called in to the after hours nurse at 7:30 A.M. After they got back to me, they instructed that I head to an ER and suggested it be the one I will deliver at. They told me I couldn't drive myself. This was because if I was miscarrying, the pain would double me over! Needless to say, I was terrified!!!!! Paul came to get me and we were down in Wausau.

The ultrasound tech was great. As soon as I saw the babies moving and knew their heartbeats were good, I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding!!! This was the first time we were able to see them moving which was amazing. Paul couldn't believe how much they look like little people already. The ultrasound tech asked if we knew what we were having and we did not. We were able to find out one sex but the other baby wouldn't cooperate. Based on my instincts, I am 90% sure I know what sex that uncooperative baby is! :) We decided to wait to tell others until we know both sexes. We have our anatomy scan coming up very soon and hopefully they both cooperate for that.

They checked out my ovaries, appendix, etc. but everything looked good from what they could tell. They told me they were unsure what was causing the pain. I can deal with the pain as long as I know everything is okay!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are/were experiencing pain...hope it has lessened! Your babies are gorgeous! They look so peaceful :) Glad to hear they are doing well! ~ Strongcourage

    ReplyDelete