Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10, 2013

Last night was another good night! Paul and I both got some decent sleep.

Today has been an adventure for us but nothing to do with the pregnancy or babies!

My OBGYN doctor stopped in this morning and said things continue to look good. He told us to stay right where we are as it was cold outside!!! He was very encouraging about how far we have made it thus far and said that every day the babies stay in is about 3 less days they will need to spend in the NICU which is fantastic!!!

The Occupational Therapist came in and gave me a few things to do keep my hand and arm muscles strengthened.

We had two unexpected but very welcomed visitors today! Uncle Todd stopped by and visited with us for a while as he was in town for work. Sam also came by on her way through. It was great to see both of them and much appreciated!

I was using the laptop we had at the hospital which was my laptop from school and it completely crashed!!! We have been using it a lot so that was a bummer!

One of the volunteers at the hospital stopped by and asked us if we would be interested in playing BINGO. Of course I said yes! All you had to do was tune into the TV channel they were using, use your BINGO cards, and if you got BINGO you had to call in and confirm your numbers. We got to play 6 games. I honestly have never played BINGO competitively like that but it was a lot of fun. And... I won a game! Our prize was a $3 gift certificate to the hospital gift shop.

While I was taking my shower, the Recreational Therapist came back to drop off more things for me and see how we were doing. She dropped off some paints and a canvas. Paul talked to her and asked her about borrowing a laptop from the hospital since ours crashed and she had mentioned it before. She very willingly gave us one but it has very limited access and abilities. She also informed Paul how to finish off the baby hat I was working on. She left it up to him to explain it to me! Needless to say, he did a great job and I completed my first baby hat. It was quite easy and I enjoyed it! But doing a second one has been everything but easy!!!! I started one for our little boy and somehow it ended up with a hole in it so I started over. Well my starting over didn't work so well either and got screwed up! Paul and I enjoyed laughing over it! I honestly think it is the blue yarn we are trying to use as it is silky and thin and not at all like the pink yarn. Paul has decided to give it a try and is currently in the process of trying to make one! We will see if he has success!

We also got more flowers today! Unfortunately we are guessing they ended up getting frozen before they got to us which was a bummer BUT it is definitely the thought that counts! Thank you very much Kerry, David, AJ, and Teddy! :) We are hoping that some of them can be saved and will open up!

The babies continuously look good every time they are monitored and my vitals are all looking good too. We are just continuing to play the waiting game! Here is the first and thus far only successful baby hat:
Here is my winning BINGO card and the gift certificate we received: (Apparently this hospital laptop doesn't want to let me add the pictures. I will add them when we get our personal laptop here in a few days...sorry!)

Only 5 days to go until our first goal of 28 weeks and 33 days until our second goal of 32 weeks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Niki the hat is adorable, can't wait to see the one Paul is working on ;) So glad you are doing so well with keeping those babies put for a while yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicki & Paul - The joint effort on that hat is cute. It is so precious. Looking forward to seeing the blue one - good luck ! You are lucky to stay put - not very nice out there. Wish I could come see you. Too bad you aren't in Rhinelander !! You seem to be in the perfect place though. Nice to hear of all the support and caring.
    Love you much - A. Gloria

    ReplyDelete