Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 3, 2013

There isn't a whole lot to update from yesterday. The babies heartbeats looked good throughout the night which is great! I didn't get much sleep but I'm realizing that may become my normal!  I was able to have a regular diet which was nice and a little reassuring! They took out my catheter and are allowing me to get out of bed to use the bathroom. They were tracking contractions I was having but wasn't feeling. Later in the day I was feeling them for awhile. They then upped my dose of magnesium and that helped. I also got in the second steroid shot to help the babies lung development which is huge! Paul, of course, hasn't left my side and I'm sooo thankful for that!!! He's truly my rock!
Yesterday was kind of whirlwind with some massive holy crap reality checks! It also brought me many firsts...first IVs, first catheter, first time ever staying over night at a hospital, etc. Today was more when reality really was able to hit me as I had more time to really think what is going on, read posts, messages, and texts from others, and also being able to talk to family. I try to stay strong and collected but let's face it...our reality is unknown, scary, and overwhelming!!!
Thank you to everyone for the thoughts, prayers, kind words and positive thoughts! They mean the absolute world to us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment