Last night our nurse walked in and had 2 pairs of little cute white booties. Apparently there is another mother here long term due to similar issues as ours that got word of us and the twins. Due to being here, she has taught herself how to crochet. She made the babies the 2 pairs of crocheted booties. What a heartfelt and touching gesture!!!
Overall last night went well again. The babies are continuously looking good when monitored which is fantastic. I think Paul and I were both able to get more sleep too which is very helpful. I am seeing the nurses a lot less as our needs just aren't as high which is kind of nice and reassuring.
This morning our doctor came in and talked to us again. He said we may know more after our ultrasound today. Throughout the day, things continued to look good.
They came and got me this afternoon for our ultrasound. The suspicions of Baby A (our girl) having the broken water was accurate. Both babies have had extra fluid for some time and that was a concern. But now that our little girl has ruptured, the extra fluid may be of some help. Her fluid levels are lower compared to last week but she still has quite a bit of fluid left. Overall, they both looked good and were moving around which helps development. The perinatologist basically told us the same thing that everyone else has.... 28 weeks is huge! She did say that typically once you rupture early, you deliver about 2 weeks later. I know that every situation is different so you can't go just by a typical situation! The main things to watch out for are any signs of infection because at the point, they won't prolong anything. The same goes for the babies showing any signs of distress. If I start to go into pre-term labor with contractions, then it is a judgement call. Hopefully we won't have to worry about that all.
Really.... it's just a waiting game and hopefully a long one!!!!
9 days to go until our first goal of 28 weeks and 37 days to go until our second goal of 32 weeks!!!! :)

I will put you on the prayer list at church b/c more people praying for these babies is important. My friend has boy/girl twins and they hold a special place in my heart. I am glad to hear the babies are moving around and that you two got more rest. I will keep you in my thoughts and my prayers. I wish I could do more but alas I am not close to you. Those booties are too cute as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful thing for that lady to do! Paul, the babies, and you have been on my mind all day.. Happy to hear you all got some rest, many thoughts and prayers are sent your way! ♥
ReplyDeleteVery.... the staff here has truly been amazing along with our family as well!!! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.... they are very much appreciated!
DeleteSo glad that you're updating daily on the blog so I can keep track of you and the babies! I know the waiting game is the HARDEST but each day is a victory!
ReplyDelete-Avigail
www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
I am glad that you are taking the time to follow our story and read the blog! It really means a lot! The waiting game is hard but like you said, each day is a victory and it is SOOOOO worth it!!! :)
DeletePaul, Nicki and babies, you are all being thought of and prayed for by so many people who wish they could do more! God bless you all :)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!!!!! It really means more than I could put into words! I know there are many that wish they could do more but there really isn't much more to do besides keep us in their thoughts and prayers! Thank you again! :)
Delete