Sleep is for the weak right?!?! Ugh... I was lucky to only sleep for an hour at a time last night due to being uncomfortable. :( Otherwise the night was uneventful.
This morning I ate breakfast and then got to take a shower. Shortly after that, they came and got me for my appointment.
We saw our perinatologist and had an ultrasound done. Everyone seems so surprised as to how low our little girl is. He said she seriously can't get any lower without actually coming out. Trust me.... I know!!! Our little boy on the other hand, can't get any higher and is transverse across my ribs. The doctor said he sure feels for me! It was hard for him to get pictures because she was so low and my ribs create shadows over the boy. He measured our little girl's fluid levels and he said they are low and definitely lower than last time. I kind of guessed this would be the case because I have been leaking more for about the past week. I don't know at what point it becomes too low but we did schedule appointments with him for the next 2 weeks (1 per week.) He also said that since our little girl is sooo low that if I start having any contractions, things will more than likely progress quickly. While he was trying to get what he needed during the ultrasound, he said you better start looking for babysitters. I asked him why and he said because these two are stubborn and are going to be a handful and Paul and I are going to need time away! :) Anyone want to babysit?!?! ;) Our last ultrasound with measurements was on December 11th about 2 1/2 weeks ago and the girl weighed 2 lbs 11 oz and the boy weighed 2 lbs 6 oz. Today the girl measured 3 lbs 5 oz and the boy measured 3 lbs 9 oz. (That's 6 lbs 14 oz of just baby!!!!) It is great that they both are still growing!
Here is our little boy: (We couldn't get any pictures of the girl because she is that low!)
We came back from the appointment and were surprised with visitors sitting in my room! Margie and my niece Emma came to visit. They brought me a yummy treat. Emma worked on coloring me a picture. I am glad they came and it was nice to chat with them.
Paul went back home to do some laundry for us, grab some more things for me, and go back to work.
I also came back to a package. It was from someone whom I didn't recognize and soon learned it was from an old family friend of my mom's. She said years ago her cousin was also in the hospital for awhile and she bought her a flutter ball to help her occupy the time. She found the Perplexus at a store and it reminded her of the flutter ball she gave her cousin so she picked one up for me. The outpour of generosity, thoughts, and prayers through soooo many people is truly overwhelming!!!
Here is the Perpelexus ball:
I took it easy the rest of the afternoon playing on my phone and watching TV.
My OBGYN came in and talked with me. He talked to our perinatologist and the plan has changed slightly. He seemed surprised as to how low our little girl is! Due to the changes with our low little girl and the low fluid, we will be delivering at 32 weeks. This will be a C-section because our little boy is transverse still. According the perinatologist, we won't be getting the steroid shot booster at this time as he doesn't think it is needed but I will get some magnesium on the way to the OR. My OBGYN also said it's possible I could go into labor sooner but that he has also seen people with babies very low last awhile too. He said we are now at that point where we just don't know!
Only 13 more days to go until our second goal of 32 weeks!!!


Good Morning Momma to be !!!!
ReplyDeleteJust letting you know we are still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and you know I would love to babysit anytime. Did okay with you and all the others !! Can't wait to meet "those two".
Love and miss you lots! Paul too !
A. Gloria
Almost forgot - Happy New Year !! How about you Be the first for New Year's Babies !!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteA. Gloria