Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013

Last night was another good and uneventful night. I was quite tired though when they came to monitor in the middle of the night and just felt exhausted! Typically it isn't too bad.

This morning I worked on adding the finishing touches to the 3 hats I made yesterday and I made 2 more today.

Here are 4 of the hats with their finishing touches:

I got mail today which included a package from my students, 2 cards from my mom, and a card from my college friend Julie and her family. The package from my students included two wreaths they made out of their hands, a few gifts including a gift card to Culver's and a very neat tin wreath, and a few cards. I sure miss them and it really made my day!

My co-worker Tammy stopped by and visited for awhile. She gave us a gift of a Willow Tree figurine which was very neat. It was great to see her, visit, and catch up! While she was here my cousin Neal and his family stopped by. His wife is pregnant with their 4th child and is due shortly after me. Her child, Mabel, was asking some questions out of curiosity about if her mom would be in a bed like mine when she had the baby. She then asked if she would have to wear a hospital gown like I had to and her mom informed her that she would. Mabel proceeded to ask if her mom would wear underwear and she wasn't too sure what to think when she was told no. This lead to her asking me if I was wearing underwear!!! I got to inform her I was since the babies weren't coming anytime soon! We all got a good chuckle out of it! They gave us a gift of picture frames for the babies' room that are adorable. I am very glad they stopped by and it was a nice visit.

Paul came this afternoon and like always, it was great to see him again! :) He enjoyed raiding some of the new goodies I had gotten and after eating some proceeded to say he thought he ate too many sweets!

The cafeteria has been closed due to the remodeling the hospital is doing so I have only had the hospital menu to order from. The food isn't bad at all but having the same choices for the past 3 weeks was getting a little old! The cafeteria is now back open and I got to order some new choices of food from there for supper tonight and it was a nice change!

My OBGYN came in and asked how things were going, checked the strip to see how the babies were looking when monitored, and made sure I wasn't in any pain. I asked him a few questions too (yes...I was finally brave enough!) I asked about going for wheel chair rides to get out of the room to go down to the family room or somewhere for a change of scenery and he said that was fine. I asked about wearing clothes and his reaction was priceless... he said of course and that I always could! I think he almost felt bad that this hadn't been brought up sooner! I told Paul I am very glad I can wear my clothes but I am also glad that we didn't know sooner as it's getting a little harder to be here after 3 weeks but now I have this new change, along with a change of menu and wheel chair rides, to look forward to and to keep me going! When we came at 26 weeks we were told if the babies came anytime soon it would be an automatic C-section. I asked today at what point will that possibly change. He informed me that after 32 weeks a vaginal delivery may be possible but challenging. Since I won't be in labor on my own I would have to be induced and since I have never been in labor before, it may not work out so well. He also said it depended on the babies positions and if they weren't both head down it would be a C-section. Currently our little boy is transverse so it is looking more like a C-section no matter what!

Today marks 3 weeks of us being at the hospital! Some days it's hard to believe it's been 21 days and other days it seems like it's been forever! :P

Only 20 more days to go until our second goal of 32 weeks!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment