I also got all my IVs taken out today. I had one IV starter they had left but it needed to be changed today and my doctor said I don't need it anymore. It is nice to have nothing in my hands/arms!
This morning I worked on a painting. I haven't painted since high school but I enjoy it. Now that I have the time to do it and some supplies I took advantage of it. Otherwise we just pretty much relaxed and hung out.
I had an ultrasound around lunch time with our perinatalogist. Before the appointment they took me to get my weight and the nurse and I were both surprised to see I had lost 7.6 pounds!!! I wasn't expecting that at all! We started with him throughout the pregnancy but he was on vacation the last 2 ultrasounds and therefore we haven't seen him since I ruptured and my water broke. As soon as we walked in he said "you're broken!" Both babies looked good and scored well on their biophysical profiles. I could tell they have gotten bigger just by looking at their heads! Baby A, our girl, is measuring 2 lbs 11 oz and Baby B, our boy, is measuring 2 lbs 6 oz. It is a good thing they are still growing too! Also, they both still have fluid. My cervix also looked good.
The Recreational Therapist came back and Paul and I were both glad to see her. After many attempts on a second hat from both Paul and I, we were never successful and we weren't sure why! She sat and showed us again and we were pulling things too tight and creating issues. She brought us another loom that is bigger to make cocoons for the babies for pictures. Now we have 2 looms so Paul and I can both be working on a hat or a cocoon at the same time! We got back to work and were successful! Paul made his first hat and I made my first cocoon.
Paul went to Wal-mart this evening to pick up some things and got us 6 more things of yarn!!! We will have the whole labor and delivery supplied with hats soon enough! ;) He also brought us Fazoli's for dinner.
When we were eating our OBGYN walked in and asked us if we were celebrating and I said no. He asked why not and said we should be after having such a good ultrasound today! That was great to hear! He also said that we will schedule delivery between 32-34 weeks, as long as everything continues to go and look good, which isn't far away at all!
Tonight we have just been watching TV and doing more looming! I think we are both kind of addicted!
Here is Paul's first hat: Here is Paul working on another hat: Paul's second hat: Here is my first cocoon:
Only 4 days to go until our first goal of 28 weeks and only 32 days to go until our second goal of 32 weeks!!! :)
I am so excited to hear how close you are to making 28 weeks, I just know God has a hand in this and is with you every step of the way. Those hats are darling and they will be so special to your babies eventually. I realize you still have far to go but I will continue to pray and hope the babies stay where it is safe and warm where they can develop further like they need too. Glad you are able to keep kind of busy in the hospital as well. I look forward to checking in on this site to check on you and the babies.
ReplyDelete