Last night I slept pretty good. It was pretty uneventful!
The button to call the nurses is conveniently located on both sides of the bed railings. I honestly can't even count how many times I have bumped it on accident with an elbow while talking on the phone, going to recline the bed, etc. After using the bathroom in the middle of the night and climbing back into bed to sleep, I totally did it again! I love waiting for them to chime in through the speaker and ask me what I need just so I can say "I accidentally bumped it!" I guess it's better than having something major go on! :)
When they monitored me this morning things looked good. They took my vitals and it came back with a slight tempt of 99.5 which was not normal. They came back and hour later and it had dropped thankfully. It seems like the mornings are going to give me a little excitement!
I got more mail again today! I got a package from my mom that contained some Godiva candy bars in a cute penguin basket and 2 Christmas cards. It is all much appreciated! I actually decided to hang up my cards on display in my room and I really like it!
My penguin basket and candy bars:
I read more of my book Ready for Air: A Journey Through Premature Motherhood and it is very good! Of course at times it is emotional but overall a good read that I am thoroughly enjoying. I also started reading my Baby 411 book which caused me some giggles. It has a timeline of about when to do birthing classes, deciding on childcare options, etc. All of them start at 28 weeks or more! I know multiples pregnancies are different but being in the hospital since 26 weeks it made me chuckle.
A case manager came and met with me today. She explained that she usually doesn't see patients until they are here for more than 2 weeks and that she has been on my case since Monday reviewing and looking things over. We talked about my job, Paul's job, the care we have received while we have been here, other food options besides hospital food, insurance and other options, FMLA leave and the options, meeting with a neonatologist and touring the NICU, etc. Literally just about everything we go through/will go through! It is nice to have one person to talk to about everything collectively!
Probably last week Friday I was informed from a nurse that massages were an option and she told me to talk to my OBGYN about putting in orders for one. Of course I jumped all over this opportunity! Little did anyone realize how complicated it would be to get it to happen. Apparently they used to be through a program but it no longer is. Then they tried some other program but the funding had been cut. From what I heard it took quite a few phones calls and emails but it was figured out! The massage lady came today! It was very relaxing and felt really nice. She is off next week for the holidays but thinks she will be able to come back the following week! :)
Paul came this afternoon to visit for a few hours. It is always nice to see him! He had a chance to open his package that I accidentally opened and got a kick out of it too!
Here is Paul's gift: (They are stickers!)
Only 24 days to go until our second goal of 32 weeks!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment