It was just another typical night and day in the life of someone on hospital bed rest! :)
I feel like I am not sleeping as well throughout the night as I wake easy and toss and turn (as much as that is possible) quite a bit but then I look at the clock and I have slept like 3 hours in a row! Maybe it's just restless sleep?!
This morning I was monitored like normal but they did inform me I was having contractions and asked if I was feeling them. I wasn't! They moved the contraction monitor to see if it maybe it was
picking up baby movement or something. But it did continue to pick up contractions. When I looked at the tracing, they looked pretty minor and spread out. They allowed me to come off the monitors but told me I needed to tell them if I felt anything. They didn't seem concerned. I can't lie... it scared me a little! But the day went on and I never felt a thing. I was monitored again in the afternoon and they picked up nothing besides irritability which was great!!! I think I let out a sigh of relief when they told me that!
I wrote out my thank you cards from my baby shower for the gifts I have opened up thus far. I also wrote some letters and thank you cards to others who have sent things.
When the mail came today, I was almost buried in it! I received 5 packages and 1 card!!! The card was from my Aunt Gail and Uncle Dan and it was adorable! My mom sent me 3 packages. They included some Packer holiday décor, a 411 book about Babies, and a package for Paul. I may have gotten carried away and opened it without realizing it was for him! I got a good chuckle out of it though! He hasn't seen it yet and I know he reads the blog so I won't have a picture of it yet but I will once he sees it! :) My cousin Dawn and her family sent me a package of a book called Twin to Twin for the twins and a holiday door knob decoration. She also sent me a box full of Christmas cookies! I have orders I have to share some with Paul! :P I now have a fridge full of food from my baby shower, cupcakes from my baby shower, a box full of Christmas cookies, and a basket full of snacks....anyone care to come visit and help me eat?!?! :)
My items from my mom:
My items from Dawn and her family:
Since we have been here, the babies (specifically our little girl) have the hiccups constantly! I am guessing they had them before we got here but I just couldn't feel them or didn't realize it was hiccups. I only know they get them because pretty much every time they are monitored, one of them has them and you can hear them! A few times I have felt them but not all that often. It is pretty neat!
There have been quite a few babies born in the rooms around me. I have heard a lot of little newborn cries lately. It made me wonder how many babies have been born since I have been here. I went to Aspirus' website and visited their online nursery. This only includes the babies that were full term and those that the parents filled out the birth announcement for. But since December 2nd when we got here until December 15th, there have been 31 babies delivered that are on the website! My nurse walked in when I was counting them and thought it was cute that I even looked! She informed me they typically average about 120 deliveries per month... that's crazy!!!
My OBGYN came in again and didn't really have much to say that we haven't already heard! I guess no news is good news right?!?!
Only 25 days left until our second goal of 32 weeks!!!



I'm glad to hear things are going well for you! I've been keeping up with the blog and thinking of you guys. A friend I went to high school with had her baby today at the same hospital you are in, so you may see his picture on the website someday! I hope things continue to go well for you and you have plenty to keep you busy over the next couple of weeks! - Niki (ntdane from the bump)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much! So are we!!! :) I am glad to hear that you keep up with the blog and are thinking of us. We really appreciate! That is awesome..what a small world it is! :)
DeleteDo you have one of those foam egg crate things on your mattress? If not you might ask if they have them because I had been finding sleep next to impossible (both at home and in the hospital) until a nurse brought me one of those, and all of a sudden I was 10x more comfortable! I am so thrilled that you have made it this far - whatever happens, the outcome you are facing now has an exponentially better chance of being great than when you were first admitted, so you are kicking butt and doing your babies proud! 32 weeks may be the next big goal, but every single day is a victory. Hang in there, you are in our family's thoughts!
ReplyDelete- Bromios
I don't have one of those egg crate things but that is a good idea! Thank you for the tip! I appreciate it! Thank you for the positivity and boost of confidence on making it this far so far! It is really appreciated! I think sometimes I get caught up in reaching the next goal that I forget how much we have already accomplished and how far we have already come!!! Thank you very much for the tip, friendly reminder of our successes thus far, and the thoughts! :)
Delete